3 a.m. nonsense

3:24 AM Edit This 3 Comments »

Sleep? What's that? I'll be paying for my extremely strange sleep schedule on Wednesday when I have to get up for work. Finished my Christmas shopping tonight (woo) and got to hang out with Brittany and Tyler. That was pretty fun, watched Office Space, Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and even a special about a guy with 3 wives. Sweet.

Meet Mimi, my teddy bear, for some reason, this is the one I attached myself too, not that I got as a baby coming home from the hospital but the one I received when I was 3, before I moved away from New Jersey from the lady that cut my hair. I called her, you guessed it, Mimi. I don't even know what her real name was. I find security when I snuggle up with her, I can always sleep without her, but, when it's a particularly rough night she seems to do the trick.

People find security in so many places. I see it in girls, with covering their faces every day with makeup or just the right outfit, finding security in the way they cover themselves. I'm not sure how guys do it, maybe they don't, but a little part of me likes to think that everyone finds their security in some place, maybe even religion. I don't even know that I have a conclusion to this yet, just thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head.

I should attempt to get some sleep and maybe try and wake up at a decent hour tomorrow. I'll be stranded without a car, I'll probably end up seeing Stephen or Alicia though. I miss those kids. I especially want to see Alicia though, hear all about how Garrett gave her a promise ring. Which, I will probably ponder at a later date, but right now, my brain wouldn't be able to form a complete thought.

Love,
Catherine

Current iTunes Track
I'm Ready by Jack's Mannequin
I come undone oh yes I do
just think of all the thoughts wasted on you
and every word you say
say something sweet
'cause all I taste is
blood between my teeth

3 comments:

Bethany said...

i want a security teddy bear!!!

Samantha said...

yes, some find security in friends, accomplishments, or possibly even blogs...sounds goofy I know but I think it could be true

Bethany said...

are you excited for CHRISTMAS?! I can finally really enjoy the season now that finals are over :) HOORAY!