Musings at 2:49 a.m.

1:49 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
I was thinking tonight of something cool. So bear with me, I hope I can get this out and have it sound as amazing as it does in my head.

I was taking pictures with Nyles, like that one. And something just popped into my head. When we [all my friends] parted ways for school, yeah, we were all sad and yeah, I cried when I said goodbye. But, you can't sit and wallow forever, we all picked ourselves up and decided that we had to go on with the change that was inevitable. We have all grown up apart, grown so much more than I ever thought possible. I love talking to them and talking about things that we have learned...at the same time, thousands of miles apart. But they are things we never could have learned had we not had to say that goodbye, knowing that it would be months before we could hug again.

I would look at their facebook pictures, as I'm sure they looked at mine. They were always full of people I had never seen or met before. I mean, I went to college with none of the people I always hung out with, except Kevin and I hardly even see him around campus...but anyways that's not the point. The point is that all of our pictures have strangers in them, but they become your new friends. you start over. Tell them about friends from back home, make new memories, take pictures, put them on facebook. But, then you finally are reunited with those core people you endured high school with. You hold them like you'll never let go again, because, you don't want to. You swap stories, you tell them about your new friends, you take new pictures, put them on facebook. It's like they never left, you're pictures go back to having
them in them.

I like that.

I like that my pictures went from the "old friends" to the "new friends" and they can seamlessly go back and forth. Almost as if nothing really has changed. Yet, so much has.

So much more than you can even put into words, yet, both people sense it and they can just look at you and know.

That is what love is.

Isn't life amazing?

Current iTunes Track
I Want To Know Your Plans by Say Anything
You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead,
Strength in my bones put the words in my head.
When they pour out to paper, it's all for you.
'Cause that's what you do. That's what you do.

1 comments:

Bethany said...

This makes me not want to leave high school!!! I love you Catherine!