sad

3:41 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Today started off like any other Saturday morning. I was excited, because 2 of my dear friends Stephen and Mike were moving back to ames today, so "The Steves" Mike and Catherine would all be reunited again. Mike texted me this morning saying he would get in around 11:30 and to make sure that I was there. This seemed a bit unusual, but I called Steve and he came to get me. Mike walked in right around 11:30 and said that we all needed to talk. He let us know that he had withdrawn from Iowa State and that he wouldn't be here this semester. The reasons were all good ones and I understand why he has to leave, but, it doesn't make it any easier. The guys all had tears in their eyes and I of course was crying like a baby. It's crazy the bond you can get with people in college. Mike lived just down the hall from me last year and then lived the floor below me first semester. Those 3 guys are the ones that I always went to when I was having a bad day and needed a laugh. I just, I can't imagine him not being around all the time. Those guys are like the brothers I never had and one of them is gone. This sucks.

1 comments:

[colleen] said...

aww... i wish i knew him better so i could sympathize more. i love you and i'll always be here for you!