of cabbages and kings

5:52 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
I survived my first 2 finals, 4 more to go. I am really not too worried, I feel like I tried hard this semester, worked on the whole going to class thing and studied. That's all you can really do. Geology was a piece of cake and I'll be mad if I get less than a B on my theater final. The only ones left to really worry about is Psych and Communication Studies. But, honestly I think after living through last semesters finals, I'm much less stressed, even though I do have more tests that I have to take. It's nice.

It's Brittany's birthday Sunday, me and Tara are planning a great surprise for her on Saturday. It's going to be awesome! I love those girls even when we're immature and fight, it all just works out. It's like we all figure out how dumb we're being at the same time and apologize all at once. It's fantastic, plus Tara is moving to Ames in August to go to beauty school, so she'll be close to me once again. The downside of that being, Brittany will probably be in Chicago this fall. But I have no right to tell her where to go to school, you know? Yeah it would be cool if she came to ISU but, if all of my high school friends came here, it would get to the point where I wouldn't have made any new friends like I did. I mean, I have 244 ISU facebook friends. 244 people that I have met in the last what 8 months? Of those 244 I knew probably no more than 10 before I got here and I really consider at least 20 of them to be realistically friends that I will work hard to keep in touch with even after we graduate.

Going home will be weird. Yeah, I'm excited to see everyone, but, we've all changed SO much since we last saw each other. I mean I haven't seen Abby since she left for Boston and even the people that live in West Des Moines and stuff, I saw them maybe 5 or 6 times, that includes Christmas break. I didn't really go home very often. I mean, it's going to be similar to when we left for college, just reversed. I'm going to cry and leave best friends from here to go home to the best friends that I cried when I left. It's crazy. I don't want to leave Colleen, Lexi, Lauren, Erin, Hannah, Ashley, Ashleigh, Burt, Jordan, Curt, Mitch, Stephen, Mike, Steve, Derek, Tyler and the countless other people. I'm going to be crying a lot the next few days. I don't want to think about it these people have become my family. I love them all.

*sigh*
Of to go slave away at psychology...oh boy.

Love
Catherine
p.s. name the movie that the blog title is from and i'll give you a prize

Current iTunes Track
Come Together by Aerosmith (originally by The Beatles)
He wear no shoeshine
He got toe jam football
He got monkey finger
He shoot Coca Cola
He say I know you, you know me
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free

Come together
Right now
Over me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for your lengthy comment.
it will be great to see you again.
you, me, abby, and whoever else should get together a lot this summer.

FordFiestaFan said...

Since when I was Steve, Stephen is belch if anything and I'm Steven, I even know how to spell the name right!!!
lol
seeya over summer, gal!